Successful candidate must reside in sales territory (Mid-Atlantic U.S.) or willing to relocate to assigned territory without relocation assistance. States in the Mid-Atlantic U.S. sales territory include: VA, NC, WVA, PA, MD, and DE.
Formerly Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation, American Outdoor Brands Corporation (NASDAQ: AOBC) represents a broad and growing array of brands and companies providing quality products for shooting, hunting, and rugged outdoor enthusiasts in the global consumer and professional markets.
To be the leading provider of quality products for the shooting, hunting, and rugged outdoor enthusiast.
To leverage our employees’ capabilities and experience to design, product, and market high quality, innovative firearms, accessories, and outdoor products that meet the needs and desires of our consumer and professional customers while delivering a healthy financial performance.
Benefits include competitive medical, dental, vision, and life insurance coverage for employee and qualifying dependents as well as 401(k) with company match, onsite fitness center, Profit Sharing plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, product discounts, and generous paid time off.
This is a road sales position for a given geographical area in the US. Substantial travel is mandatory; averaging 10-16 nights per month.
Education and Experience:
- High School/GED; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience in sales
- Product knowledge and hands on experience with company products is required
Competencies and Skills:
- Establish and maintain effective business contacts with LE Distribution Network (LE Dealers and Distributors). Coordinate shooting demonstrations and training for all LE customers within territory.
- Effectively, manage a large geographic territory with at least 500 direct police agency contacts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor all Law Enforcement sales opportunities within region.
- Demonstrate, show and service S&W products to all LE agencies at the city, state and federal level.
- Maintain accurate records of sales duties and initiatives.
- Work with S&W Academy Field Training Group to get proper training for new and existing customers.
- Communicate information between HQ and field to maximize sales potential.
- Represent Company transmitting corporate image, good business practices and ethics.
- Report on LE market activity and recommend products, prices and programs to maximize market penetration.
- Communicate market trends.
- Liaise with other LE Regional Managers to optimize customer relations. Operate within budget.
- Prepare US Municipal Solicitations for bid and information while operating within all state, local and county laws and ordinances.
- Manager will partner with S&W legal team to coordinate approval of all municipal sales and service contracts.
- Create annual dealer and distributor contracts designed to effectively manage sales within a multi-state territory.
- Personally, observe and assist in the selling function.
- Create presentations and speak to large audiences up to 50 or more police officers, procurement agents and publicly elected officials.
- Teach/ Instruct Armorer and Law Enforcement Firearms Transitional Training classes.
- Present new products and programs enthusiastically and effectively.
- Perform rifle, pistol and warranty repairs.
- Attend and orchestrate sales meetings, planning meetings, product demonstrations, and large multi- agency live fire shooting presentations.
- Consolidate, analyze and communicate market data to HQ and current T&E agencies. Demonstrate to potential and new agencies adopting S&W pistols, rifles and revolvers.
- Communicate regulation changes, changes in account, corporate direction and competitor activities.
- Investigate and resolve complaints.
- Prepare and continuously reevaluate a regional sales plan.
- Operate within all US Government Fair Acquisition Regulations.
NOTE: This list presents only the principal duties of the position and is not intended to be comprehensive. The duties and responsibilities listed above may be changed or supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
- Works in an office environment.
- Able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time.
- Able to lift and move up to 25 pounds occasionally.
NOTE: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment and Personal Protective Equipment:
Within any of our facilities, employees may be exposed to manufacturing noise, airborne liquid chemicals, fine particulate dust, ambient temperatures, and industrial lighting. Work environment is similar to most manufacturing and distribution operations. May be exposed to excessive noise, temperatures, hazards associated with working around moving machinery, work in confined quarters, exposure to vibrations and shop lighting, continuous exposure to hot temperatures, may be humid, odors, dust, continuous exposure to mechanical hazards, and occasional exposure to chemical hazards.
The following Personal Protective Equipment is required:
- Safety glasses with side shields and hearing protection required when on manufacturing floor
The use of additional personal protective equipment (PPE) may be required when a job task(s) is being completed in or around your assigned department or in another department, this includes safety eyewear, hearing protection, and safety footwear.
American Outdoor Brands (and its affiliates) is an equal opportunity employer and considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, veteran status, military service, application for military service, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable state or local law. Candidates must possess proper authorization to work in the United States and, where applicable, to possess technical data as defined in the International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR) 22 CFR 120.10.